Thursday, August 18, 2016

Jonah's Milk Shake: A Shakes' Showdown!

When talking about what food or drink to try in Boracay, Jonah's Fruitshake emerges as an A-lister. Their specialty, fruit shakes, has placed its mark ever since the beginning of Boracay's tourism history. Aside from its cheap price and popularity, they also proudly tag themselves as "The Best FruitShake in the Island".

Jonah's Fruitshake served as our comfort drink all throughout our four-day stay in Boracay. We tried different flavors just to see if there were any other creations that could beat that one flavor which we got addicted to.

My first impression of this restaurant is that it is not well-maintained. The place looks old and needs some renovating. I hope they consider doing it soon.


Someone's excited on his milkshake.

The table set up

I was overwhelmed by their long list of flavors so I chose the safest: Milk Shake.

Jonah's Fruitshake menu

MILKSHAKE (PHP 120)

I am going to start off with our most favorite flavor from this place. The winner of them all according to our taste buds, the best among the rest of all the flavors we tried -- the Milk Shake!

It has that distinct milky sweetness that is different from the ordinary milkshake you drink elsewhere. We can't get enough of it that we tried it thrice throughout our stay!

test

Mr. C says!






MOCHA RUM (PHP 130)

Mr. C was a being adventurous that morning so he ordered for the mocha rum. Ever tried Boracay Rhum or Bailey's? That's pretty much what their mocha rum tastes like. You can really feel the rum oozing in your head in your every sip of this one.

Mr. C says!







AVOCADO MILK (PHP 100)

I just hoped I became more adventurous with my avocado drink. But if you do not like other things getting mixed with your avocado, go grab this flavor.



 MANGO SHAKE (PHP 100), right

I'm a big mango lover so I reached out for this one. It is great, of course, it's mango. However, Milk Shake is still the one that stole my heart. And so did Mr. C's.

VANILLA SHAKE (PHP 120), left

We were hoping that Vanilla Shake was that one mix that could beat Milk Shake because it was also a neutral flavor, but we failed.



Being a bit sentimental before leaving Boracay, I wanted my last memory to be about their good Milk Shake. I'm cropping my selfie out but leaving the smile I had on my face while enjoying my last bottle of Milk Shake.


WANNA-CHOW-AGAIN  METER
I want more milk shake! Take us back here!


JONAH'S FRUITSHAKE & SNACK BAR
Boracay, Malay, Aklan

Like them on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment