Tuesday, August 16, 2016

A Battle of Burritos: Mañana versus Mayas

I was desperately looking for a good burrito during our Boracay stay for an understandable reason. This led us to find two of the most famous Mexican restaurants in the island: Mañana and Mayas.

Here's the entire story of who won:
OKAY. To cut the long story short, Mañana is the victor! But it would have been boring had I not explained the reason to you, wouldn't it? So there you go:

MAÑANA MEXICAN CUISINE

Since I was constantly begging for us to have a nice burrito in the island, Mr. C asked me to go search for where we can find it. Mañana was the restaurant that decided to go for among the list of others in my search results.

20160815_155342

BURRITO PLATTER  (PHP 363)

You can choose either chicken or beef to be the main ingredient for your burrito platter. Of course, we chose beef.

Their version of burrito is slightly spicy. There is a good kick in every bite. The chilli filling is thick.

20160815_160819

The burrito meal comes with four types of sauce. The red ones are the spicier.

20160815_160955

Mr. C liked their version of the burrito, perhaps because it has his ideal level of spice. After eating, I asked him, "Would you condemn me if told you that I still liked Army Navy's burrito?" He frowned in confusion.

WANNA-CHOW-AGAIN METER: It's just an "OK. BEEN HERE" for us.


MAÑANA MEXICAN CUISINE
White Beach, near Boat Station 1,
Boracay Island Malay, Aklan


MAYAS RESTAURANT

Since I was not that satisfied with what Mañana offered us, we went to the other Mexican restaurant which also got some good reviews in TripAdvisor, Maya's.

20160816_191838

Looking at the price of their burritos, our expectations were pretty high. They have different choices of burrito but we took what we found as most interesting, Carnitas. Upon ordering, Mr. C said, "This better be good."

20160816_191758


CARNITAS BURRITO (PHP 468)

An avocado lover since birth, I was a bit sad when the server told us that they're out of avocado and at the same time, we appreciated their honesty. They said that they would just compensate it by adding the other ingredients.

When we took our first bite, we looked at each other with our eyes dilating in awe. It's the best burrito I ever tasted, I told Mr. C. "Not for me," he said, "but yeah, it's delicious." Their burrito really passed my requirements: seasonings are well-balanced, not too spicy, it's heavy and full of diverse ingredients and the sour cream is addictive!

20160816_193401


WANNA-CHOW-AGAIN METERMr. C jokingly said, "We should have splurged our anniversary dinner funds here." I smiled as an agreement. So yeah, we definitely want to go back and taste their other burritos! TAKE US BACK HERE!

MAYAS FILIPINO & MEXICAN CUISINE
Balabag Boracay Malay Aklan

No comments:

Post a Comment