Saturday, October 15, 2016

Curry Bee: Japanese Curry for Extending Your Palate

Mr. C and I head to Blue Bay for some errands. I told him I was hungry and he recommended this Japanese Curry place named Curry Bee. Since Japanese Curry is a fairly new dish to me, I grabbed this opportunity to enlist a new discovery.

The place specializes in Japanese Curry Rice (Kare Raisu) dishes. Each curry rice meal costs between 300-500 pesos so prepare at least 300 if you're heading to this restaurant.

IT'S CHOWTIME!

At first I thought that Japanese curry is the same with the familiar curry dishes that we have. I was wrong. It's WAY better. Anyhow, here is the list of food that we tried:

MIXED BERRY (PHP 100), left
Let's start with the drinks. Mr. C orders Mixed Berry shake. It is refreshing!

JAPANESE GREEN TEA (PHP 118), right
I was claiming to drink something healthy so I chose to order hot Japanese green tea. You can also opt to have it served cold.


PRAWN CURRY (295)

I love prawns so this was what I selected. I can't get enough of the crunchiness of this dish. This was  when Mr. C and I discovered that prawn definitely suits with Japanese curry. So if you're a prawn lover like me, you should definitely try this one.



CURRY RICE SET (PHP 325)

Mr. C chose what he thought was the most "sulit". There were rice set options in the menu and he ordered for Beef Curry + Hot Udon with mushrooms, since I love mushrooms.

Beef Curry: This flavorful dish is what I can say, that one order you would not regret. The beef is tender and perfectly fit with the curry sauce.



Udon: The soup tasted good and the udon noodle was OK. Mr. C experimented putting those mushrooms on my curry rice and they matched well! You can try it.


ORDER WARS VERDICT: 
We agreed on calling this round a tie since we both agreed that our orders were equally good!

WANNA-CHOW-AGAIN METER

THIS is my kind of curry. A not so spicy curry with an umami taste that blends perfectly with rice. For anyone who hasn't tried this yet, I recommend that you step up and give it a shot first. Want a food trip buddy to go here? Take us back here please!

CURRY BEE
BY: Hachibee Enterprises Ltd. Co.
Cluster C Unit 143-144 Blue Bay Walk
Metropolitan Avenue Bay Area
Brgy. 076 Pasay City 1300
Tel. No. 785-0737

Follow them on Facebook

Curry Bee Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment